Sunday 4 December 2011

Bad Ass

You totally know your a bad ass when you air guitar to Mary Chapin Carpenter.  Yeah...that is how I'm spending my Sunday night.  In my defence I have my period...so...yeah.

For the past few weeks I've been feeling so disconnected with some friends causing me to review our friendship.  I keep trying to be understanding and positive, but there is just so much sunshine I can blow up my own ass.  My back hurts and I don't really bend that way.  

Tonight I was listening to Mary Chapin and thinking...she's one of those lady singers that you can't help but listen to and be touched in some way.  Lame as it sounds but I was listening to the song Quittin Time.  It's about ending a relationship and in a way with what I feel that I'm watching and feeling myself, needless to day it applies.

Stupid rain and stupid period has made me this way tonight.  Don't worry...I will be back to normal soon.  Until then, can I just say that life is too short to not take a moment to maintain the wonderful things that drew you to someone special.  Don't take advantage of a friends love...


Hey baby tell me what we're gonna do
It's getting crazy and I need some help from you
We were so connected that you were a part of me
Now I feel an emptiness right to the heart of me

But you pretend and I pretend
That everything is fine
And though we should be at an end
It's so hard admittin'
When it's quittin' time

Hey baby I'm running out of things to say
Please don't hate me this feeling just won't go away
Now we're spending all our time caught in a fantasy
Just trying to keep in mind the way it used to be

But you pretend and I pretend
That everything is fine
And though we should be at an end
It's so hard admittin'
When it's quittin' time

But you pretend and I pretend
That everything is fine
And though we should be at an end
It's so hard admittin'
When it's quittin' time

No comments: