Monday 2 July 2012

Act Two


Act two
I’ve seen  a few interviews with Jane Fonda in the past year or so selling her new book about phase three of her life .  Sex, life and working out over 70.  Who knew all those things were possible right?  Well, with all the change in my life in the last 6 months it got me thinking...what phase am I on?
The past week I’ve been feeling like a bit of a new person, maybe more awake then before after my  Women on Women life coaching time.  So, I was more open today to really think about what Jane was saying.  It got me wondering if we get to pick when Act Two begins?  As someone in my mid 30’s I look back and see all the mistakes you can make when you are in the 20’s...the fun years I call them.  It’s ok to make mistakes in these years.   I guess I’m old enough to know better now?  I still make a lot of mistakes but more recently I see why I’ve made some of the big ones.  So, I’m wondering if now is the perfect  time to start my Act Two?  I don’t want to say “this is a fresh start” after something bad.  What’s the point when something challenging is always around the corner.  Those challenges are what help to define us.  Why not choose to start Act Two on your terms?

As I sit here, topless with a tea and a sleeping cat beside me, I can’t help but think this feels like the right time.  Why wait until I pay off the house, get a better job or meet someone super special?  Why not create this next phase when I’m ready and excited about what is next.  We might not have a lot of control over what comes up, but we do have control over how we deal with it.  Sometimes we need to really fuck up or get a kick to the cunt to realize what’s worth all the effort anymore.  I guess Act Two for me is about less drama...my own and getting dragged into other peoples.  Right now the only drama I’m into is a little light role playing in the bedroom. 

So let’s say this is my Act Two.  Being semi anal retentive how is this going to go?  What’s next and how should I behave from here on out?  Do I go balls out into the world saying “THIS IS THE BEST PART OF MY NEW LIFE” or “THE BEST IS YET TO COME.”  I hate people like that.  Then again I’m blogging about this shit so maybe I should can it.  I guess I should just enjoy this next phase...see what comes and not “girl” out and worry so much about what it all means.  I can now enjoy this part of my life with less worry and with the comfort of knowing myself so much better.  I think I really get that Rhonda in her mid 30’s can handle so much more than Rhonda in her 20’s. 

I guess I should step away from the computer for the day and see what Rhonda can handle today.      

No comments: