Tuesday 6 September 2011

Planning


So far the few people I have told about my little adventure into vegetarianism have given me some interesting responses.  So far one person is very excited and happy (thanks for the support by the way) but the few others seem to be in some kind of shock.  The sound of crickets seems to be getting louder and louder.  This makes me wonder a few things.  1.  My love of BBQ and meat is impossible to separate from even for a month.  2.  I’ve never really stuck to a diet / lifestyle change.  I choose to think its mostly number one but I think we all know it’s a shit ton of number two also. 

I also wonder if I can do this.  Give up meat, all meat for an entire month?  It feels like this huge unknown.  Overdramatic?  Clearly, however when you were raised and continued the fine tradition of meat and two veg for dinner you go with what you know.  So today on my lunch I ventured over to the used bookstore.  Since it was closed I got the cat some toys and went back to work.  When I got home I went to the Chapters site and found a few books.  A normal person would wait but I feel like I need a book in my hands to make this real.  Guess that Library certificate wasn’t a full waste of money. 

With two more days until I am shut down from meat part of me wants to go nuts and hit the bacon hard.  Instead I’m being a nerd and hitting the books.   

No comments: