Wednesday 7 September 2011

To cleanse or not to cleanse


I was thinking this morning that during my meatcation I should do a cleanse.  Really get those toxins out.  It’s nothing that I’ve not done before but the only thing that worries me is this too much.  Its one thing to be focused on not eating meat…for me it will take focus so you vegetarians don’t roll your eyes at me.  But to add the focus of drinking my shakes twice a day and then taking my pills, fiber and tea?  I’m going to be constantly thinking about what’s going in my body and what is coming out.

Let’s talk about what comes out.  The first time I did a cleanse it was a $100 Unicity cleanse.  It was amazingly interesting to me to be so interested in my poop.  Yeah, I’m going there.  Maybe stop reading if you aren’t in the mood for BM talk.  ;-)  Glad you stayed.  Anyway, my best friend who was doing it with me said that your poops are supposed to be the length of your forearm and float.  I know a few of you just looked down at your arms and believe me I was shocked by this news also.  I have short T Rex like arms, still the thoughts of my chubby arm coming out of my butt is terrifying.  This cleans consisted of pills (3 a day and then increased to 5 at week 2), fiber that went into water or juice and then a very potent yet excellent tasting tea before bed.  First thing in the morning...you are good to go.  Full on go and not in a bad way.  I felt empty and lighter.  At about week 3 of the cleanse…I saw things. 

Now before you close the blog and head for the hills I should explain that both my Nana and mother told me to always look, mostly to make sure you’re doing ok.  So, I’ve always been a looker.  Don’t pretend you don’t look either.  Looser.  Anyway, I will try not to be too graphic as to what I saw, but there was a moment when I debated on calling my best friend in to take a look as well.  Scary thing is that she would have looked.  Bless her.  That cleanse left me feeling great.  A few years later I did a 30 dollar cleanse that didn’t have the same spark that one did.  I also didn’t want to show anyone my poop. 

So, right now is maybe not the time to take on another task, besides not eating meat.  Perhaps in the spring or after Christmas I will pay the extra and do the good old poop showing clean out.  I promise not to post anything. 

No comments: