Monday 5 September 2011

So it begins...


The Facts
For as long as I can remember I have loved meat.  As part of my day since I’m sure I could gum it down, meat has been part of my eating comfort food.  I love to BBQ more then I love to be around people and this summer I have managed to go through about 3 full propane tanks and I’m assuming a good 100 lbs of meat.  I like all meat…within reason.  I don’t discriminate as to what goes on the grill and I now see I also don’t discriminate what goes in me either.  Almost 2 months ago I began the Body by Vi challenge which is 2 shakes a day and a “sensible” dinner.  I don’t mind the shakes and dinner has slowly become my way to BBQ a big piece of meat and some tiny vegetables.  I have lost weight but over my staycation gained a bit back. 

The Turning Point
Friday, September 2nd, 2011 my “meat” friend and I went to Smoke and Bones for lunch.  We got a sampler with 3 kinds of meat.  Fried chicken, pork ribs, beef ribs and chicken wings all smoked with that sweet salty taste.  Dry smoked with different sauces for everything, not to mention the best wedges I think I’ve ever had.  After eating so much food I came home with the meat sweats before feeling stoned and “not right” all afternoon.  The next morning my feet were swollen and I felt like I’d been hit by a truck.  At a family BBQ Saturday afternoon I was sweating and shaky.  My best friend even noticed I was shaking and lethargic. 

A few weeks back I joked with my non meat eater friends that I would not eat meat for a week in honor of my vegetarian friend Kim’s move to Germany.  That didn’t happen but now after a week off work with more time on my hands to BBQ and plan my meat consumption daily along with what BBQ sauce to use and side would go with what meat….

So it begins…

No comments: